Sunday, December 28, 2008

China...China...China...

Well, I have been here in Beijing for one week today! Time has gone quickly but I have gotten to meet many people, experience some of the chinese culture, eat great food and see some amazing things. Here are a few pics to give you a small taste of what I have been up to:




The Kindergarten my Mom and our friend Jon work at had a Christmas performance on Christmas Eve. Jon helped one of his classes as they sang a few songs.











This little guy was obviously enjoying the performance...I think! The kids were so cute!!












The first night we went to Korean food at Wallace Cafe. It was sure good!










I went to the grocery store with my mom one day...saw some interesting stuff and had to take pics. One of the ladies that worked there just stared at me funny when she saw me take a few pics. This is what you buy when you want to buy a chicken...you get the head and all.








There is a fruit here called Durian. It is known for its strong stench. I just had to try it so Mom bought some at the store for me. I didn't think it smelled that bad but when I ate it I thought I was going to gag! It was mushy and tasted like a mix between onion, something sweet and butt. Not so good...but my Dad liked it so he finished it off.





This is a Jin Bing cart outside my parents block. Jin Bing is this scrumptious thing they make here. It has egg, red bean paste, a fried bread thing that looks like a giant wonton, green onions, cilantro and this pancake looking mixture. It is delicious! My mom and I got it for breakfast on Saturday on our way to the Great Wall.








Mmmm....Jin Bing!













On the way to the wall we stopped to take a pic of the river because it was half frozen over and beautiful with the trees and lighting of the sun.












Dad, me and Mom on the Wall. It was an amazing thing to be on the wall! I have seen so many pictures and now I finally got to see it in person.












A cool pic of the wall...and me trying to be a creative photographer. :)









Christmas Eve we we went to a restaurant that is famous for its Roasted Duck. Here is Wei Jean (my Dad's teacher) and I trying to eat the head. When you order a duck...you get it all, including the head.







Here is the head...to give you a better picture of what we were trying to eat.









Last night we went to the Flying Acrobats Show. It was unbelievable! Who knew anybody could bend both legs behind them, touching them to their neck while balancing on someone else's foot...seriously?







One man balancing on a board on a cylinder, while another man is doing the same thing on top of the first guys head. What?!?!













What the crap!














Me (obviously) with one of the acrobats from the show.







Well, thats all for now. I would post pics of Christmas but my Mom took those so I will write about that later. Hope you enjoyed a taste of what I have seen and experienced so far! More to come later!

No comments: