As we came together for our first gathering, I was encouraged. Encouraged to sit around a table of women that desire to choose a brave thing. Encouraged by the brave choices each woman desired to pursue. Encouraged by the vulnerability of their hearts and stories as they shared. Encouraged that success or accomplishment isn't our ultimate goal but the process that lay ahead for each of us. Encouraged by the diversity of our stories. Encouraged by our similar desires to face the hurdles that keep us from making choices that may bring freedom, rest, health and/or growth.
For me, choosing a brave thing has meant choosing to move towards a fear, to choose to do something that I've been thinking about for a long time but haven't chosen. I haven't chosen it because it's vulnerable, it allows others into my story in such a way that I won't have control over, and it means sharing parts of my story that represent something that often goes underrepresented. It means sharing parts of my life, experiences, heart and relationships connected to being single.
Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment